Re: EN 60950 A5 Changes:

The following changes were made:

1.Clause 2.7.1 Basic requirements.

After "....building installation", subject to the following, a),b),c)
and d):
a)Except as detailed in b) and c), protective devices necessary to
comply with the requirements of subclause 5.4 shall be included as parts
of the equipment
b)For components in series with the mains input to the equipment such as
the supply cord, appliance coupler,r.f.i filter ,etc.......may be
provided by protective devices in the building installation
c)"It is permitted for the equipment with a Rated Current exceeding 16A
which is PLUGGABLE Equipment Type B or Permanently Connected Equipment
,to rely on dedicated Overcurrent and short circuit protection in the
building installation, ".....with some provisions..
d)"If reliance is placed on protection in the building installation, the
installation instructions shall comply with 1.7.11 ...."with some
exceptions(PLUGGABLE equipment Type A)..

2. Clause 2.7.2 VOID

3.Clause 4.3.12 Specification is made regarding the LED which are not of
the higher class number-in this situation the Warning Label is not
required.(References should be made to EN 60825-1)

4.Annex ZA which includes the Standard EN 60825-1 + corr.Feb
1995+A11+corr.July 1997

Respectfully yours,
Constantin Bolintineanu
Product Safety Engineer
bolin...@dscltd.com
The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my
employer.