The last time I asked the FCC for a ruling, I was told that peripherals
used for a "typical system" that were not sold with the EUT but required
for the EUT to function could not be modified, covered up, shielded, moved
out of the test area, etc. and had to be tested with the EUT. The equipment
I had at the time fell under FCC Part 15.

What is the ruling/opinions on this subject for Europe?