Subject: "One-offs" and FCC Part 15 ?
Author:  "Bennett  Neil" <benne...@genrad.co.uk> at INTERNET
Date:    9/10/98 1:50 PM

Hi Folks,

We are currently planning to supply a single item of test equipment into the
US. This incorporates a radio modem (spread spectrum LAN 2.4GHz).

I understand that compliance with FCC Part 15 is the usual requirement.
However, does this requirement apply to one-offs that are supplied directly
to the customer ?

Is there a way to avoid obtaining approval for this single item?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Bennett
Standards and Compliance Engineer