Scott,

There is no requirement for a minimum passing margin built into FCC Part
15, CISPR 22 or EN 55022.

Minimum passing margin of 2 dB was mentioned in old, now obsolete VDE
EMC specifications. There is 2 dB rule in CISPR procedures to determine
"representative configuration" in a case of multiple units, ports,
cables, etc.

Accredited test laboratory must have uncertainty calculations for each
test method, but it should be ignored when they compare measured value
with limit.

It is a good practice to pass specification with a margin in order to
compensate unavoidable manufacturing mechanical and electrical
tolerances, correlation, repeatability, and uncertainty issues, etc.
Sale opportunity could be lost due to a low passing margin. It would be
a good idea to "fix" the product and get better margin, keep tighter
manufacturing control and have more often manufacturing audits until
then.

You can always challenge test house and if not satisfied change them,
but you'll probably be better off to "fix" marginal product.

Mirko Matejic