Hi

In Germany we have following colors:
L1    black
L2    brown
L3    black
N    blue
PE    green-yellow

How do we identify them ?
"L2 is between heaven (blue) and earth (green-yellow)"
(you can take brown for earth as well)

Best regards

Georg Dancau

rbus...@es.com wrote:

> I believe these colors to be correct. It is puzzling however that we
> have one brown and two blacks representing all three phases. Some
> three
> phase devices are phase sensitive (motors for example). Why not three
> different colors, e.g. Brown, Black and XXXX?
>
> Rick Busche
> rbus...@es.com

* Dr. Georg M. Dancau             *  HAUNI MASCHINENBAU AG   *
* g.m.dan...@ieee.org             *  Manager EMC Lab         *
* TEL: +49 40 7250 2102           *  Kampchaussee 8..32      *
* FAX: +49 40 7250 3801           *  21027 Hamburg, Germany  *
* home: Tel: +49 4122 99451       *  Hauptstr. 60a           *
*       Fax: +49 4122 99454       *  25492 Heist, Germany    *