Rick,

 I don't see that you have a problem. Your differential video signals are
not susceptible to ground loops, indeed,they do not require ground at all.
You can safely rely on the shield to function only as a shield, and not as
a signal return. This makes your job easier.   So I would answer your
questions as follows:

1.  No, in this case it is not reasonable to terminate only one end of the
shield -- as you have discovered yourself, doing so increases radiated EMI.
2. No, differential returns can not be successfully grounded to chassis
return -- that would upset the balance -- and should not be.
3.  Given the distance between your devices, you may have to use capacitive
decoupling on the shield at one end. There are coaxial connectors made
which include planar, low-inductance capacitors between the shell and
actual ground. This might do for your application.
4.  I always wanted to terminate the signal returns at the device which
generated the signal, so the return currents flowed only in the signal
return wire and not in the chassis. This seemed to reduce common-mode
problems.

Regards,

Cortland