Brian,

I can see that most do agree that CE+CE does not equal CE, and I am a
firm supporter of this.

Let me give you an example of why this holds true:

Lets say you have a computer system (monitor and computer each CE
marked)and the monitor receives power from the AC outlet on the
computer. Here are the considerations from a product safety point of
view if the monitor is replaced with another CE approved monitor:

1) Will the new monitor draw more current than the old which could lead
to overloading the computer AC outlet?

2) If the new monitor draws more current than the old, will the total
input current to the computer exceed the computer current rating by more
than 10%?

3) What about the leakage current? If the system leakage was close to
the limit, how do you know that the leakage limit will not be exceeded
with the new monitor.

These are just a few considerations to help everyone understand how to
use the CE mark properly. I'm sure due to this configuration
there will be EMC concerns also.

Regards,

Edward Eszlari
TUV Rheinland of N.A., Inc.