George -

The answer to your question is: yes.  However, in the US, this is type
of system is used to deliver power to homes and there are either no or
very few homes supplied with three-phase power.  Such a system would be
abhorrent to any user of all three phases, who would prefer the
corner-grounding method.

Perhaps this thread has become a bit muddled in that I was responding to
a question Doug McKean posed about grounding of delta secondaries.
There are two basic methods, as I described.  I was not trying to
address the GFCI question or otherwise say that the
center-grounded-delta configuration was suitable for other than power
delivery to homes, receiving 120V line-to-neutral and 240V line-to-line.
 My apologies for the confusion.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver
Nortel