In addition, I would suggest to place your site as far as you can get it
from above-ground power poles.

Our site is located about 250 feet from the closest power poles.  We started
out with a clean site with occasional random interference which eventually
grew until it washed out any meaningful measurements.  We established which
poles it came from with the use of a log periodic antenna and a 2x4
"baseball bat".  You could see immediate improvement while the power company
unwrapped and re-wrapped the wire on the insulators.

I hope you have more choices and better choices for a site location than we
had.

Don Umbdenstock

Sensormatic