-------------
Original Text
From: Bailin Ma@MMDILAB@ACUS, on 12/22/98 9:39 AM:
Hi, If you don't mind, please refer to a discussion (in attch) between me
and the author of "Will You Be Prepared When EN 61326 Becomes Harmonized?"
I asked three questions. Steve's answers kindly added more info to his very
nice article.

Thank you.
Happy Holiday.
Barry Ma

-------------
Original Text
From: Bailin Ma@MMDILAB@ACUS, on 12/21/98 8:39 AM:
Hi Paul,

You might refer to an article in Evaluation Engineering, December 1998, pp.
53 - 61, "Will You Be Prepared When EN 61326 Becomes Harmonized?"
(www.evaluationengineering.com) about your first question. it reads:
"...published in OJ, expected by mid 1999" "The implementation date (dow)
.. July 2001"

To my limited knowledge, the answer to your 3rd questions is affirmative.

Your 2nd question, please see the attachment.

Best Wishes to the Holiday Seasons.
Barry Ma

-------------
Original Text
From: "Paul Finn" <fi...@panametrics.com>, on 12/21/98 8:34 AM:

     Hello,

     I would appreciate any comments on the following:

     I have been informed that there is to be a new standard which will be
     accepted by the OJ defined as; "EN 61326:1998 Electrical Equipment for
     Measurement, Control and Laboratory Use - EMC Requirements".  Can
     someone please verify if/when this is to be accepted by the OJ.

     Also I have been informed that the after July 1st 2001 EN 50082-1:1992
     will not be in use, it is to replaced by EN 50082-1:1997.  Can someone
     please confirm and if possible include the list of additional/modified
     test requirements.

     I am also under the impression that if a product family standard
     applies the manufacturer must test their product to this standard
     verses the generic standard,  is this correct?

     Regards,

     Paul Finn
     Panametrics Inc.