Dear EMC/Product Safety professionals,

As a result of the merger of Digital Equipment Corporation and Compaq Computer
Corporation I have found myself in a career transition. For the last 11 years I
had been involved with product safety incident management. I was involved
primarily with Listed/Approved products that were alleged to have caused or
resulted in some type of safety issue. Although I was not involved with the
certification of these products I did use the IEC family of standards as a
baseline for incident investigation and used the standards when conducting
testing and compliance verification.

What follows is a condensed version of my resume. Any information on potential
opportunities or other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. As far as job
location, I am restricting my job search to Massachusetts or southern New
Hampshire at this time.

Regards,

Bob Brister

RESUME:

ROBERT BRISTER
53 Connor Lane
Lancaster, MA 01523
Home phone: (978) 365-5061
Email: bobbris...@prodigy.net

SUMMARY

PRODUCT SAFETY INCIDENT INVESTIGATOR with over 11 years experience leading
investigations into allegations of computer product malfunctions that have
resulted in customer injury, property damage or severe product damage.

Familiar with and utilize IEC 950 product safety design standards, the Consumer
Product Safety Act, OSHA 29 CFR 1910 as well as other standards and guidelines.

Background in product evaluations to ensure that service procedures are safe
for service engineers.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

COMPAQ COMPUTER CORPORATION (formally Digital Equipment Corporation) Product
Safety Incident Investigator  (1986 to 1998)

Managed investigation of 60+ reported product safety incidents annually
worldwide, from initial report through resolution and case closure. Was the
primary investigator for the past 4 years. Conducted the actual investigations,
writing of test plans and conducting testing, evaluations and incident
simulations. Ensured adequate resources, both material and people, were made
available during investigations. Completed risk assessments, wrote
comprehensive reports, and developed criteria for issue resolution. Tracked
product safety and liability regulations and trends.

DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION
Service Account Representative (1977 to 1986)

Serviced large computer systems and all associated peripheral devices. In 1982
was chosen, along with one other engineer, as the account representative for a
new facility.