------------------------
  From: rehel...@mmm.com
  Subject: Re: Doubt on LISN utilization
  Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:25:50 -0600
  To: Muriel Bittencourt de Liz <mur...@inep.ufsc.br>
  Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

> It is possible to get noise induced on all cabling at the same time. In
> this case it will be also be present on the ground lead. To reduce this
> noise "ground chokes" are used. It is also extra attenuation for common
> mode currents.
>
> Bob Heller
> Senior EMC Engineer
> 3M Company

Bob:

Would you expand a little on this concept for me?

1. Are you talking about noise induced by the EUT?
2. Is a "choke" a pure inductance; or possibly an absorptive ferrite?
3. How many microhenries are we talking about?
4. How does the choke affect the impedance curve seen by the EUT?
5. Do the standards which require LISN's address the use of ground chokes?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com