To add to the confusion, I have recently carried calibrated test
equipment into fabs under development and have had to wipe down the entire
product with alcohol wetted cloths before they were allowed into the
(developing) clean room.  So, it is a real problem if the cal sticker info
get's wiped off and you can't continue to show that the product is
calibrated.  The product labeling seems to survive this test fairly well,
but the cal stickers are a mixed bag...  man, how I hate taking it into my
local cal lab and paying for a full cal just to get a current sticker on
it...

        - - - - -

        Peter E Perkins
        Principal Product Safety Consultant