I recently presented a paper on this subject, the commission has still not
listed anything in the OJ about the implementation dates.

You can find the paper on line off the following page !

http://www.emisoft.co.uk/special/hotemc.htm

I do intend to keep this presentation up to date when/if the commission do
publish something ?

At 13:49 8/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>In the March/April issue of Compliance Engineering in an article about
harmonics measurements, there is mention of formal acceptance of a dow for
61000-3-2 of January 1, 2001.  This means that equipment which fell under
the scope of EN 60555-2, may continue to be tested to that (less
restrictive) standard until January 1, 2001.  However, unless I am missing
something it also means that products that did not fall under 60555-2, but
fall under the scope of 61000-3-2 (for example ITE) must immediately go
from no harmonic emissions requirement to having to comply with the most
restrictive 61000-3-2 requirements.  Or... is it an option to test these
products to 60555-2 until Jan. 1, 2001?  Does the original June 1, 1998 dow
have any meaning in this latest twist on the powerline emissions saga?  If
you have definitive information on this issue, please keep the EMC-PSTC
group informed.  Thanks!

>Doug Frazee
>EMC Compliance Engineer
>Windermere Information Technology Systems
>MILCOM Compliance Laboratories (MCL) division
>401 Defense Highway
>Annapolis, MD  21401
>USA
>(410) 266-1793
>(410) 266-1751 FAX
>dfra...@windermeregroup.com
>

>Attachment Converted: "D:\my documents\Attachments\EN 61000-3-2 Mandatory
Implemen"

Regards Andy Griffin

 EMiSoft Limited - Test and Assessment
        Software Solutions