From:   andreas.tho...@toshiba-teg.com [SMTP:andreas.tho...@toshiba-teg.com]
Sent:   Thursday, March 19, 1998 3:38 AM
To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject:        CE and/or e-mark for products operated in vehicles

Dear compliance colleagues,

I like to hear you opinion about the question, which directive a product
should observe which can be operated in a vehicle (e.g. car), but also in
other environments. For products which are designed to be operated
exclusively in vehicles like car audio equipment or car power supplies it
seems to be clear that this euipment falls under the EC-Directive 95/54 and
must carry the e-mark. Products which can be used in different
environments, e.g. a laptop computer equipped with GPS-system, have to
carry therefore the CE-mark and the e-mark and must comply to both
directives (95/54 and 89/336) ?? Please give me your comment.

Kind regards

Andreas Thomas
Product Safety
Toshiba Europe