        From:   MikonCons [SMTP:mikonc...@aol.com]
        Sent:   Thursday, March 19, 1998 9:02 AM
        To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:        Spira EMI Gaskets

        I just caught Ed's comment on the use of Spira gaskets.  I have
recommended
        their POSSIBLE use to one of my clients for sealing around some
single-board
        computer VME cards; however, I have not directly evaluated the
performance of
        Spira gaskets.  Their literature makes great claims (up to 130
dB SE out to 1
        GHz), but has any of our readers personally evaluated their
effectiveness?

        Thanks for your time,

        Mike Conn
        Owner/Principal Consultant