I am resending this inquiry, due to the very limited responses, if you have
information that can help me, please pass it along.  Thanks!
----------
From:   Frazee Doug[SMTP:dfra...@windermeregroup.com]
Sent:   Monday, March 02, 1998 3:15 PM
To:     'emc-p...@ieee.org'
Cc:     Banchero, Bill
Subject:        EMC/safety Requirements in South America?

I am always looking for convenient sources of international compliance
information.  Most recently, my need is for a client that manufactures Ground
Stations for use in air traffic control.  The ground stations include an
intentional RF transmitter currently approved for the US as well as several
European countries, a router and VME card cage with digital electronics.
Approved modems for the ground station are purchased in the destination country
and installed during deployment of the ground station.  The ground station
currently has been tested to the LVD (EN 60950) and EMC Directive (EN
50081-1/2).  European EMC and safety testing was performed by independent US
compliance laboratories (self declaration).  Transmitter approvals were
performed by a European Notified Body contracted by the European manufacturer
of the radio.

Our client wishes to deploy these ground stations in the following countries:

        Peru
        Paraguay
        Columbia
        Venezuela
        Guiana
        Equador
        Bolivia
        Chile

I need to determine what transmitter approval, EMC and safety requirements
exist in these countries for this device and whether additional testing needs
to be performed.  I do not like to burden this group with questions of this
sort, but I do not have sources for this type of information.  Any leads or
help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Frazee
EMC Compliance Engineer
Windermere Information Technology Services (WITS)
401 Defense Highway
Annapolis, Maryland  21401
USA
Tel:    (410) 266-1793