Chris,

Try the following URL:
http://www.standards.org.au/standardization/electrotechnology/news/1999%2D03%2D25/1999%2D03%2D25.htm

There has been much discussion as to how to safely migrate to the standard
IEC 230V and the article describes the current situation and proposals for
the future.

"Colgan, Chris" wrote:

> Hello group
>
> Can anyone tell me the limits of the Australian consumer mains supply
> voltage, ie 240V +?% -?%.
>
> I have ordered a copy of World Electricity Supplies but it hasn't arrived
> yet.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris Colgan
> EMC & Safety
> TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
>
> mailto:chris.col...@tagmclarenaudio.com

Chris Healy
Liaison Manager, Standards and Approvals

JNA Telecommunications Limited              email: ch...@jna.com.au
A Lucent Technologies Company        Ph (direct) : +61 2 9935 5728
16 Smith St, Chatswood, NSW 2067 AUSTRALIA   Fax : +61 2 9417 3862