I have in my company, several people asking for help with swimming in their
monitors. There systems are connected to a half wall (windows on top, power
and heat on the bottom). The head is steam radiation via baseboard
radiators. These monitors are NOT next to any known magnetic fields. I have
verified that if the monitors are physically moved away from the wall/heater
the noise diminishes. In the row of multiple cubicles only selective people
have the problem (perhaps 3 out of 15 or so). The noise appears to be 60 Hz
in nature although no color purity problems were noted.

I'm assuming that I am now looking for magnetic fields, possibly from the
electrical feed line, or could it be the radiators? Is it possible for these
to be nodal or selective along a common wall?

Has anyone else had similar problems? Would it make sense to obtain a meter
to measure the magnetics?  Any suggestions appreciated.

Rick Busche
Evans & Sutherland
rbus...@es.com