Greetings,

I have just received the following message from a colleague. I have not
verified this personally, but I thought it would be of interest to this forum.

>The FDA published in the Federal Register on March 24, 1999, a request for 
>comments from the public to remove LEDs as devices regulated under its laser 
>product and eye safety legislation. All comments are due to the FDA or CDRH 
>by June 22. 
> 
>To date there have been no incidents reported to the FDA from LED radiation. 

Comment:  If this is true, and if it comes to pass, I wonder how it will
influence IEC 825-1 ...

Cheers, 
Egon :-)
______________________________________

Egon H. Varju, PEng
E.H. Varju & Associates Ltd.
North Vancouver, Canada

Tel:   1 604 985 5710
Fax:  1 604 273 5815

E-mail:  [email protected]
______________________________________



---------
This message is coming from the emc-pstc discussion list.
To cancel your subscription, send mail to [email protected]
with the single line: "unsubscribe emc-pstc" (without the
quotes).  For help, send mail to [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], or
[email protected] (the list administrators).

Reply via email to