The ITU regulations give an indication where the CISPR levels are coming
from;-

The ITU-R (BS.412) recommendation for minimum useable field strength in
urban areas is 54dbuV/m (for FM stereophonic service) and defines a
radio-frequency co-channel protection against steady state interference of
45dBuV/m.
Hence, the maximum level of steady state interference that a radio receiver
will operate successfully (i.e. you can still listen to your loacl radio
station) in, is 45dBuV/m.
Given that the class A limit is 40dB at 10m for unintentional transmitters,
it gives a level of protection against interference to radio services.

regards

Andy
Andy White,
Consulting EMC Engineer/Staff,