        From:   Grant, Tania (Tania) [SMTP:tgr...@lucent.com]
        Sent:   Wednesday, November 03, 1999 4:57 PM
        To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org; 'geor...@lexmark.com'
        Subject:        RE: 90V & 47Hz - Is this a realistic combo

        Ages ago when I worked at another company that shipped products to
Japan,
        their unwritten rule was to design in power supplies that operated
without
        problems at 85 Vac, and that had better be designed/tested down to
80 Vac,
        because of the continued brown-out conditions in Japan.   It seems
nothing
        much has changed.

        I don't remember what was stated about the frequency tolerance.

        Tania Grant,   tgr...@lucent.com <tgr...@lucent.com>
        Lucent Technologies, Communications Applications Group