Well, looks to me like my suggestion of a quarter-wave stub was right on
target (I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back here).  You
have the dimensions below.  Mount an SMA feedthrough connector on a circular
disk of sheet metal of radius equal to or greater than the stub length,
connect stub to center conductor on one side, coax from PCMCIA card on the
other side, and voila.  If you are using that 30 dB pad we discussed earlier
(I'm still not clear on the need for that)  the combination of 30 dB pad and
quarter-wave stub will be so close to 50 Ohms that you would be hard pressed
to measure the error.