Scott,
Thank you very much.
Barry
----------------------
From:   "Lacey,Scott" <sla...@foxboro.com>, Date:       Thu, 4 Nov 1999
14:52:57
-0500
Barry,

In a switchmode supply, the primary side dc voltage = 1.414 times the rms
value of the ac input. This is then switched (at 100kHz or so) into the
primary of a ferrite core transformer. The output pulse has an amplitude that
is at a fixed ratio to the input voltage. The regulator circuit adjusts the
pulse width to maintain a constant voltage at the output capacitor(s),
regardless of load. The worst case is heavy load at low input voltage. The
pulse width may reach the design limitation before the regulator is satisfied.

Hope this is some help.

Scott Lacey