Israel,
There are only three temperatures to worry about: Hot, Damn Hot and
Ouch. For something approaching a definition look in BS 4086
Recommendations for Maximum Surface Temperatures of Heated Domestic
Equipment. The other excellent standard for defining the issue is EN
563:1994 Safety of machinery - Temperatures of touchable surfaces -
Ergonomics data to establish temperature limit values for hot surfaces.
The former standard has been used for many years in the UK by
enforcement officers to pursue prosecutions, which is where I came
across it. The latter standard is listed as a Machinery Directive
document and it contains some really useful graphs of exposure time vs.
temp. I refer to these regularly when testing equipment in-situ,
especially laboratory and semiconductor manufacturing systems as many
standards do not leave room for non-specified applications, or are
vague.
Your point about hot air streams is interesting and you may want to
refer to the EN 60335 family of standards for guidance. As an ex-cooking
product designer, the temperature of an air stream was not a regulatory
requirement. It is difficult to measure accurately and hence was not
called up in standards. It was an issue with respect to users, however.

Alan
_
Alan Brewster
Compliance Certification Services