On the same topic as 'sweeper only' testing, does anyone have experience with
log amplifier ICs?
Analog Devices makes an AD8307, touting DC-500MHz & 90dB dynamic range, and an
input range of +16dBm to -72dBm.  Data at
http://products.analog.com/products/info.asp?product=AD8307

I realize this may be overkill.  What are typical numbers for dynamic range and
input power required for diode detectors?

--
Patrick Lawler
plaw...@west.net