Hello Joe,

Without knowing anything about your instruments, their operation or
environment I'll throw-out some general things that I would  investigate
first:

Inside your lab / building:

*  ESD control in your Lab  -  Check Mats - Straps etc.

* Any cell or 2-way communication (maintenance personnel etc)  If yes, then
experiment.

* Any heavy switching inductive loads e.g.. motors, HVAC.. capacitive- e.g..
fluorescent lighting systems.  Other test equipment / computers.  If Yes,
then monitor the primary power source that feeds your instruments to detect
/ record any disturbance events they may be occurring. You mention that each
instrument is on it's own "dedicated" line..It's  possible that the timing
of a powerline event could be critical in terms of operational function of
your instrument. An event occurring at precisely the right (or wrong) time
in relation to a vulnerable operation point for your instrument could affect
only one out of the lot.

* Cable routing & shielding - check to determine if any unshielded power or
data cables running from your equipment are routed near any above mentioned
machinery or cabling connected to that machinery etc.  If you are using
shielded wires on your equipment, verify proper termination of the shields
at each source and destination point.

Outside your lab:
* Any transmitter towers in the immediate area ? If Yes, try to find out who
owns it and inquire about it's usage e.g. frequencies, traffic (usage)
relating to time of day etc.  The FCC might be able to help ID the owner.

* Any welding (e.g.. autobody shop) or construction nearby ? If Yes, find
out their hours of operation. If you get a disturbance during that time,
call and ask if they were just using their welding equipment. Monitor the
power line that feeds your instruments to record day & time event(s)
occurred.

* Any intermittent mobile communication passing by your building, e.g..
Police, Fire, ambulance? I once read about an incident where a cash register
at MacDonalds would go whacky every so often.  At approximately the same
time of day (but not everyday), one of the cash registers would ring up a
few hundred burgers,  a thousand orders of fries... etc..  The registers
were replaced, but it didn't matter.  The problem still existed.  It took
half a dozen consultants and thousands of dollars to determine the culprit.
That culprit was a police transmitter.  Apparently, this officer would
occasionally have his lunch in the MacDonalds parking lot and use his 2-way
radio to talk to his comrades.  I'm sure there's dozens of stories like
this, so don't dismiss a similar possibility.

Good Luck,
George