Interesting how the this forum hits on my concerns.

I recently had a new product witnessed by a UL engineer from NorthbrooK.  He
wanted to see the ground bond test performed and so I ran the test for two
minutes at 30A and 6Vac.  When he saw this, he demanded the test be run at
12Vac which is beyond the capability of the tester.  Is there any
requirement to run this at 12V?  The test described in UL 1950 3rd edition
2.5.11 states "The test voltage does not exceed 12V" and current of [25 or
30 A] depending on CSA or UL (we certify to both).

As an aside, the engineer was new to ITE, having previously been in the
'hazardous locations' segment of the Engineering Services department.

Kyle