PSNet, et al,

        Again we get into wordsmithing...  It's pretty simple...  Equipment
is either custom made, one-at-a-time, or multiple copies are made...  If
you make one-of-a-kind custom machines you need to fully test each machine
for compliance since there is no other machine made which can represent
this machine...  If you make more than one of each machine then you are
series manufacturing and you only need to type test to show compliance...
Seems to me that you would want to claim series manufacturing, if possible,
to simplify the certification testing needed...

        - - - - -

        Peter E Perkins
        Principal Product Safety Consultant
        Tigard, ORe  97281-3427