I have studied Reverberation Chambers for some
time, refer to recent EMC'99 Seattle Symposium Record
Vol. 1, Page 7 to page 16. Measurement comparison
will be published in the near future.

Cost:
RC is about 20 to 30% of an equivalent AC.

Standards:
There is a joint CISPR (emissions) and IEC (immunity)
committee working to produce a common standard for RCs.
Immunity standard can be found in IEC 61000-4-3, Anex I.
I have no doubt there will eventually be an emissions
standard which permits RC use. However,  it is unlikely
that an operative standard will be available in 2 years.

Technology:
RC uses statistical analysis to perform EMC measurement.
It is realized by changing the boundary conditions using
stirring paddle(s). However, the restriction of the
 Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) may be a problem
which is under study in the community.

General comments:
If you need to do emission and immunity
certification testing in the near term,
my recommendation would be for AC.
 It is the most expensive solution but it is
acceptable today and if used properly (i.e., robust, many
aspect angle tests) will provide detailed information on
EUT characteristics.

A RC will be a cost effective approach to a test facility
for some test objectives (e.g., identifying emission frequencies
very quickly and positively) and in the longer term will be
the most cost effective.

Rgds,
Leslie