Thanks for responding... My question was too open.
I am aware of these facts and aware that there are
many standards from UL, NEC, OSHA etc.

Someone who seemed to believe such a edict was sent
out resently asked me to check to I asked this group.
Maybe this is just a very bad joke from someone who
really doesn't know what he is asking.

There is apparently no new comprehensive ruling going
on in the US.

Thanks all for your comments,
kt

emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org