From: sparaci...@andovercontrols.com
[mailto:sparaci...@andovercontrols.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 10:43 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Rockwell Modem, need info.?

Good Day Everyone,

I'm having a heck of a time getting compliance information from Rockwell
regarding one of their Socket Modems
(SMV144AC series). We incorporratte this modem onto our motherboard. Simply,
I need to know if the Rockwell modem that we use in our product has been
recognized to either UL 1459 or UL 1950. I would like to treat the modem as
a recognized component in my system.

No compliance info on their literature, so I contacted the local Rockwell
office in Littleton, Ma.  and they referred me back to our distributor who
has not been able to get a response back from Rockwell...  Also, I contacted
Rockwell headquarters in Newport Beach, CA ... they referred me to their
local office in Littleton.  Are we sensing a pattern here ??

If anyone has the name & contact info of someone at Rockwell that can help,
please forward to me.

Thanks for any help you can give me & have a Great Weekend.
George