        From:  POWELL, DOUG [SMTP:doug.pow...@aei.com]
        Sent:  Friday, July 30, 1999 7:19 PM
        To:  'emc-pstc'
        Subject:  Public Telephone access

        Hello group,

        Recently I was reviewing a new product that my company plans to
manufacture.
        It has an industrial CPU board and a modem daughter board.  During
the
        review my safety consultant brought up the concept that not all
public
        access telephone systems are the same and we would need a modem card
that is
        approved for use in each country where we sell our product.

        My compliance experience is mainly in power delivery system and this
is new
        to me.  The consultant said that an ISDN compatible card would take
care of
        most of Europe but was unsure about the rest of the world.  I was
hoping one
        (or more) of you could tell me where I can begin searching for
information
        on this topic, web or otherwise.

        Thanks,

        -doug