Richard,
Regarding the non uniformities (rippling) on the ground mesh, the detailed
equation is given in the ANSI C63. Manual (at the back) dealing with Site
Attenuation, this manual tends more towards the optical Rayleigh Criterion.
I do not think that this will be a problem at frequencies such as 30MHz (10
metre wavelength; take lambda/10 = 1 metre (CISPR 11 clause 8.1); Site
imperfections will really show up at higher frequencies.

If the NSA improves at 10 metres, it points more to Mutual Impedance
effects.

Your list couldn't be more comprehensive, I intend to stick it on our hut at
the OATS; the only thing I can add is temperature stability and a calm day,
so that between the Vdirect and V antenna measurement at a particular
frequency you don't see 4 seasons. Other factors could be antenna impedance
and VSWR changes with height; Balun VSWR and losses (deterioration)

And really, at the end of the day, just because the site attenuation of any
site is accurate, this does not mean that the measurement uncertainity has
come down or that the EMC tests that are carried out on the site are equally
accurate (nothing to do with the lab or personnel!!)
.
Regards

Arun Kaore
EMC Engineer