Does your groung screen lay on top of soil? If so, could the soil have
changed......wetter......drier...etc.

"WOODS, RICHARD" <wo...@sensormatic.com> on 07/22/99 07:46:05 AM

Please respond to "WOODS, RICHARD" <wo...@sensormatic.com>

To:   "'emc-pstc'" <emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
cc:    (bcc: Robert E. Heller/US-Corporate/3M/US)
Subject:  RE: NSA

Here is our present status. We added ground screen across the table and
soldered it down. We now pass 3m horizontal by a fraction of a dB, but
vertical is out over a dB. When we moved the receive antenna out to 10m we
passed vertical! We are using tuned dipoles and have shown that they are
balanced by rotating them 180 degrees. They were recently calibrated by the
same lab we used last year. The sum of the antenna factors drifted by only
about 0.5 dB, but our NSA has moved lower by several dB. So it appears that
we can rule out antenna calibration and balance. Oh, and yes we have
ferrites on the transmit cable and we have 10 dB pads at the antennas.  The
surface of our turntable is about 2 cm above the surface of the pad. Our
brushes are mounted on the side of the table and brush against the top
surface of the ring. I have noticed some rippling in our ground screen.
Could these surface variations be a problem? As I indicated before, the
site
passed its tests over the last four years. Any other suggestions.