Dear Paul,

For the Japanese EMI requirements go to the VCCI website and look up their
information. Some is free and some has to be ordered. They are pretty responsive
people when asked a question. The Website address is:
http://www.vcci.jp/vcci/vccie/. For safety Japan follows the CB scheme for some
requirements. You need to check with JETRO as to what the requirements are
for your product. If it is CB scheme I strongly recommend that you either order
or get yourself a copy of the CB Bulletin's as these give very clear guides on
the
national deviations for various product type requirements in the CB scheme
countries. JETRO web site address is: http://www.jetro.co.uk/ and for the
CB scheme it is http://www.cbscheme.org. Some manufacturers mistakenly
assume that CB scheme means the standard is identical and all you need to
do is submit reports and certificates in each country. This is not the case in
part because the electrical systems are not the same in all countries.

I hope this helps.

Regards

G. Rae Dulmage, B. Comm.,
President