At 7:49 AM +0200 7/20/99, fven...@alcatel.altech.co.za wrote:

My question relates to the limit lines in CISPR 22/EN 55022. Would you
>say that it is valid to apply the limits in the standard to a conducted
>emission test on a dc line.

EN55022 line conducted testing is based on the interference susceptibility
of broadcast receivers that may be connected to the same power lines and
which may pick up unwanted RF emissions on the mains via power cords.

The same thing could (does) happen when a battery/DC powered receiver is
connected in parallel with other DC equipment on the same power circuit.

The CISPR committee agreed that the published limits are reasonable for the
first scenario. Your telco customer may these limits are adequate for
protecting his equipment, or he may require more extensive testing, down to
10 kHz or beyond 30 MHz.

I believe the Belcore conducted tests for telco office equipment are almost
identical to the EN55022 in the .450 - 30 MHz range, but don't have a copy
with me here.  I recall the limits going down to 10 kHz, perhaps lower.

Best regards

Tom Cokenias
T.N. Cokenias Consulting
P.O. Box 1086
El Granada CA 94018

tel 650 726 1263        efax  413 332 6528