Vitaly,
        Actually it is the other way around. As a former bureaucrat, "must"
is definitely clearer. In the US government, when something is mandatory,
the term  is "WILL" as in:

   "the distance will be at least three meters" etc. (SEE MIL STD 461)

        One of the reasons that that the european standards are so vague and
confusing is  because they have been translated very badly. For example, the
phrase "Harmonized Standard" did not exist in the english language before
the european union came around.
         A better translation would have been
"standardized specification."  In english, "Harmonize" is something you only
do in music.
        I was raised bilingual, and I have done a lot of translations. I
have found that one of the worst things a translator can do is to try to
translate one word at a time, like  machine translations  do. What comes out
may be "english" but it is often stilted and incomprehensible.  Some words
just dont translate.
The Inuit ("eskimos") for example, have seven different words for "snow."

lou