John,

If I recall these items are classified as telephone accessories. Such companies
as
Leviton, Virginia Plastics etc. have listings for these. The concern is not
with the

overvoltage tests as much as with plastic rating, flamability, plating,
insulation
etc.
I don't recall any application of  Section 6.4 for overvoltage. The standard for
UL was UL1863 not UL1950. Since overvoltage is not the test the concern
is their contributory effect to a safe environment in which the connection from
the subscriber side is unknown and therefore to valued as potentially unsafe
and the connection to the network is considered to be known and may by
degradation become unsafe.

Regards

G. Rae Dulmage, B. Comm.,
President TelApprove Services Corporation
(613) 257 3015
http://www.angelfire.com/on/telapprove