George,

Clause 2.9.4.3 of UL 1950 addresses PWB insulation as follows:

"Supplementary or Reinforced insulation between conductor layers
in single-layer and multi-layer printed boards shall meet one of
the following requirements.  Either:

   - the insulation shall have a minimum distance through insulation
     of 0.4mm, or

   - the insulation shall comprise two or more layers of prepreg or
     other thin sheet insulating material.  There is no requirement
     for distance through insulation of individual layers nor the
     overall insulation.  The overall insulation in the finished
     printed board shall pass the appropriate electric strength test
     of 5.3.2.

Printed boards having supplementary or reinforced insulation comprising
of fewer than three layers of prepreg or other thin sheet insulating
material shall be subjected to routine testing for electric strength.

Printed boards employing thin sheet insulating material other than
prepreg shall pass the thermal ageing and thermal cycling tests of 2.9.5."

If you pass a hipot test between the layers you should be okay.

Patty Elliot
Qualcomm, Inc.
p...@qualcomm.com