Hi folks,

What about the blue poly bags which used to contain the electronic
components?  Is it the same type of pink poly bag?

Regards,

Raymond LI

"Lacey,Scott" <sla...@foxboro.com> on 07/04/99 09:10:28 p

Please respond to "Lacey,Scott" <sla...@foxboro.com>

To:   John Juhasz <jjuh...@fiberoptions.com>
cc:   emc-p...@ieee.org (bcc: Raymond Li/DixonsNotes)

Subject:  RE: ESD-Pink Poly Bags

John,
You are correct. The pink bags have been treated to be hygroscopic, so that
they will retain some moisture. The pink color is a dye used to identify
the
treated bags.The main advantage is that the bags do not generated static
when the board is withdrawn from inside. You should be aware, however, that
several years back some vendors were selling pink bags without the
anti-static treatment. Some of these may still be around.

For actual protection the bag must act as a Faraday cage. Thus the foil or
metallized lining. The older (black) carbon loaded bags do provide some
limited protection.

Scott

If