Arjen,

Board with only solder mask is considered as non coated.

Conformal coating is the type accepted to be allowed to reduce the spacing
between trace.  However be aware that your safety agency will have to test
that coating.  The test is described in UL1950 (I do not remember the
section and do not have the standard at hand now).  Also an audit of your
process for applying the coating will be performed periodically.  This is in
addition to the normal safety audit.

Daniel Sicard
Compliance Engineer / Ingénieur Certification
Transport Systems Business Unit
RELTEC Corporation
Tel: 514-685-1737 Ext. 4631  Fax: 514-822-4054