From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 12:57 AM
To: bdew...@ix.netcom.com; 'praveen rao'; 'muriel bittencourt de liz'
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Doubt with conducted emissions measurement

Hi Brent,

Specifically NOT meaning to argue, but only in pursuit of the TRUTH, isn't
the 10 uF feedthrough cap a perfectly well-defined source impedance above,
say 15/20 kHz, where the old MIL-STD-461A/B/C CE03 limit started?  Which is
not to say that the current measurement is preferred, but what makes a LISN
more consistent?  The new MIL-STD-462D and -461E cites the fact that a LISN
is more representative of a real world bus impedance, and therefore a filter
designed to work with a LISN works similarly with the real bus.  But that is
not a testability issue at all.

Respectfully,

Ken Javor

<mur...@grucad.ufsc.br>