Hi Group,                                       Dec 07,2000
I am in the process of establishing the potential for an injury from a
hazard.
I can get a reasonable 'expression' to describe the potential for a hazard
to turn into an accident (event). I am looking for the  words that
classifies the degree of an injury. Can some one direct me to some standard
definitions?
Do we base it on the length of work stoppage? i.e. a minor burn on a finger
tip smarts for an hour or two. A good shock working with vacuum tubes, 300V,
slowed you down for the rest of the day and so on.

Has some one worked out a practical scale for the degree of an injury. It
can be numbers or words as long as they are defined. If it does not exist
let us generate one that we all agree on.-- or most of us.

When it comes to property damage I think that a monetary replacement cost
would be expressed in 'small', 'medium', 'large' etc where each is defined
in 'very' general monetary terms.

Thank you for your assistance.
Sincerely
Stig W. Jorgensen  <jorgen...@skyskan.com>