Nokia

From: rehel...@mmm.com
Date: 07-Dec-00

Good question................does this also hold true for 61000-3-2 if your
product is under 75 watts?

"Chris Allen" <chris_al...@eur.3com.com> on 12/07/2000 03:31:14 AM

Please respond to "Chris Allen" <chris_al...@eur.3com.com>

To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
cc: (bcc: Robert E. Heller/US-Corporate/3M/US)
Subject: EN 61000-3-3 listing on a DoC.

I have a question regarding EN 61000-3-3. The standard states under section
6.1
that "Tests shall not be made on equipment which is unlikely to produce
significant voltage flicker and fluctuations". This is true for the
equipment in
question.

I have been asked by a customer to included the standard on the DoC for the
unit.

My question is:

Is it valid to list a standard on a DoC in the above situation i.e. when
the
product has not been tested against it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,