See 15.101.  Class B personal computers and peripherals may use either the
Certification or Declaration of Conformity equipment authorization procedure.
"Other class B digital devices and peripherals" are subject to the Verification
equipment authorization procedure.

Be careful as Verification is not the same as Declaration of Conformity with
different labeling requirements, test site accreditation requirements, etc.  See

47 CFR Part 2 for detailed descriptions of the equipment authorization
procedures.

Jon Curtis.

Courtland Thomas wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I would like to know if it is permissible to self verify to Class B for ITE.
> I know it can be done for Class A, but I am not sure about Class B. The
> interesting thing is that I posed the question to a contact at the FCC and
> the answer I got was "No idea".
>
> Courtland Thomas
> Patton Electronics

>      Jim Bacher:              jim_bac...@mail.monarch.com