Esteemed colleges,

I have a question pertaining to conducted emissions performed on a port that
is exclusively for the purpose of powering an auxiliary device that we do
not manufacture.  Our equipment is portable test equipment.  This port will
supply 28VDC at 1.5A to a piece of equipment the end user will provide, the
port itself is provided as convenience to the consumer for equipment they
intend to run with our equipment.

The equipment is intended to comply with EN 61326 Emissions:CISPR 11, Class
B.  I am aware of some Immunity testing that is required for Auxiliary
Equipment, but is there a perceived requirement for performing Conducted
Emissions on this DC output port?

My understanding is that since this port is not classified as a Mains
input/output, it does not need to comply to a conducted emissions spec.

Am I right in this understanding?

Thanx for any or all input on this peculiar problem of mine.

Douglas Best          Compliance Technician
IFR America's Inc.    Design Engineering
ETM Division          Tel   :  +1 316 529 5327
10200 W. York St.     FAX   :  +1 316 522 3676
Wichita Ks, 67215     e-mail:  doug.b...@ifrsys.com