Hi Richard,

I am afraid I led you astray a little for NZ.  This type of power supply
does NOT require any form of approval presently in NZ.

A little history
These types of devices have not been required to be approved in NZ in the
past.  NZ is presently completely revamping their electrical regulations etc
and were supposed to have a completely new list by now of those products
which are required to gain approval etc.  As part of this revamp, NZ was
supposed to have modified the legislation and regulations to facilitate them
being able to change which products were "Declared Articles" very quickly
instead of the more cumbersome and lengthy process required now.  The new
regulations etc were also supposed to introduce a category of approval which
required only that the manufacturer/supplier sign and hold a Declaration of
Conformity.  The new regulations/list of Declared Articles is not yet
published (first cut is due around Dec 00).

I understood that stand-alone power supplies were to be included on the new
list of product requiring approval.  First of all the new list is not yet
produced and secondly I have now confirmed these type of devices will not be
included, even in the second more thorough list scheduled for Feb 2001.

It is possible these devices MAY be included in the product type listing
which requires a DoC to be held on file etc but can not positively confirm
this at this time.

My apology for misleading you.

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson

Stanimore Pty Limited
Compliance Advice & Solutions for Technology Products and Services
(Legislation/Regulations/Standards)
Ph:       02-4329-4070       (Int'l: +61-2-4329-4070)
Fax:      02-4328-5639       (Int'l: +61-2-4328-5639)
Mobile:  04-1224-1620       (Int'l: +61-4-1224-1620)
Email:    k...@compuserve.com
             kevin.richard...@ieee.org
             k...@technologist.com (alternate internet)