I'm sure that many of you, as well as myself, under the label of Regulatory
Compliance, receive many issues outside of Safety/EMC. Usually if it has an
acronym, involves a foreign country, falls under the heading of a regulatory
requirement, or sales/marketing don't know who can handle it, it lands on my
desk. Here is one  of those issues. We discussed it some time ago as it
applies to China, but it looks like Europe may take some action, and I
thought some of you may find this useful.

Ray Russell
ray_russ...@gastmfg.com

> NEW PUBLICATION NOTICE
>
> New publications this week:

> RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY OF NON-MANUFACTURED CONIFEROUS WOOD MAY BE ADOPTED
> (Business Alert - EU, Issue 20,2000)
> http://www.tdctrade.com/alert/eu0020.htm
>
> The EU has proposed to introduce emergency measures on non-manufactured
coniferous wood packing originated in China, Canada, Japan and the US to
prevent the spread of pine wood nematode, with effect likely from 1 January
2001.

(http://tpwebapp.tdctrade.com/dm/us.asp?email=swche...@gasthk.com.hk&type=re
search)