Hi All,

I have posted a paper I authored titled "EMC Performance
Comparison of Shielded and Unshielded Data Transmission
Systems" presented at EMC'Roma 94. Both emissions and
immunity (corruption or lack thereof of the data) results
are presented. The results showed that a well designed UTP
system (unshielded twisted pair) can perform as well or
better than the commercially available STP (shielded twisted
pair) systems tested. I wrote this paper while I was at AT&T
Bell Labs in 1994.

The link to the paper is at http://www.dsmith.org (or
alternately http://emcesd.com) under the heading "Technical
Information and Downloads."

Doug
    ___          _       Doug Smith
     \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
      =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
   _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org